If you have tried anything on this site please leave a comment and let me know.

The more I hear from you the better! I love hearing how these activities are working in your home/daycare or nursery!
I get lots of emails about what you are doing, just leave a comment so everyone can read it too!


Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pirate Ideas for Toddlers - 1

My kids are IN LOVE with Disney Junior's Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

So a perfect opportunity to talk and learn about REAL Pirates!

Today is Dress Like a Pirate Day!
Here is what you need:  Paper Bag, Felt, Yarn, Scrap Fabric, Cardboard Box and Snow Boots (optional).
 Cut the paper bag down the middle, then cut a neck hole and 2 arm holes...try it on the kid...
 Decorate how you want. WE did dot markers since we haven't used them in a while.
 my daughter insisted on having the word side in the front.
 with the scrap fabric and felt and yarn make head wrap and eye patch.
 cut the flaps off a box and use that for swords.
 try it all on and go on an adventure!
 yikes!
 this is serious stuff folks!
Then run around the house for the next hour shouting pirate terms and giggle a lot.
Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

:)
I will be focusing on Pirates this week and Next...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

this content is copyrighted NO RIGHT CLICK!

..

Protected by CopyrightSpot MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected