If you have tried anything on this site please leave a comment and let me know.

The more I hear from you the better! I love hearing how these activities are working in your home/daycare or nursery!
I get lots of emails about what you are doing, just leave a comment so everyone can read it too!


Monday, May 3, 2010

Healthy Kids Activities - Teeth #1

This month is Healthy Kids Month in my house, so I thought I would post everything I am doing so you can do it too!  If you have any ideas you would like to share please email me at valeriewitte@yahoo.com and I will try and post those too.

This week is Teeth Week.

My kids love to brush, do yours?  I let them brush themselves in the morning while I sing the ABC's AND Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.  At night me or my husband brush their teeth while we sing 2 Primary Songs of their choice. I have to say that our method works because every time we go to the dentist (feb and august) our kids get great reports and never have cavities (knock on wood)

Today to kick start our Teeth Week we read some books from the Library.  There isn't much out there but
ABC Dentist is a good one because it goes through the different parts of the teeth and the different parts of going to the Dentist.  The kids liked this because they already knew most of the words! I also really liked All About Teeth and Do I have to Go to the Dentist?
Then I printed these coloring pages from the internet...
This was just an introduction, but we worked on reading and coloring for a full hour!

1 comment:

  1. Wahoo!!! Can I say I love you.. Our bishopric has decided to have monthly themes that we are to focus on with our families. This month's theme is "health" both physical and spiritual. I was just thinking I needed to get online and research some stuff to do with the kids. Then voila! You are ahead of me and on top of it.

    ReplyDelete

this content is copyrighted NO RIGHT CLICK!

..

Protected by CopyrightSpot MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected