If you have tried anything on this site please leave a comment and let me know.

The more I hear from you the better! I love hearing how these activities are working in your home/daycare or nursery!
I get lots of emails about what you are doing, just leave a comment so everyone can read it too!


Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Harold and the Purple Crayon

I have a little obsession with this book.  In fact I own the entire series by Crockett Johnson.  I wrote 2 papers on this book in College.  When we were cleaning out the basement this weekend my kids wanted me to stop what I was doing and read them all.

Of course I did.

This is what inspired todays art project.  You need a purple crayon and an imagination for this one.

My kids started drawing and then I started to trace their pictures darker so we could paint on them, and then the kids told me that they wanted me to draw certain things on their pages, so I did.  My son wanted a windstorm by a mountain with trees.

My daughter wanted a castle next to a fluffy tree. My 8 month old wanted to eat the crayons.

Then we water colored over them, and when my husband came home they bombarded him with kisses and pictures for his office. :)

The end.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that HBO put out a series of Harold and the Purple Crayon? It's actually pretty cute. Our library has it on DVD.

    ReplyDelete

this content is copyrighted NO RIGHT CLICK!

..

Protected by CopyrightSpot MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected