If you have tried anything on this site please leave a comment and let me know.

The more I hear from you the better! I love hearing how these activities are working in your home/daycare or nursery!
I get lots of emails about what you are doing, just leave a comment so everyone can read it too!


Thursday, September 3, 2009

Raspberry Crepes

My husband and I took the kids Raspberry picking a few weeks ago. If you are lucky enough to live in Colorado I highly recommend Berry Patch Farms. It is such a cute place and their pig's name is Bacon Bits! Hahaha.


Well, the morning after we went my husband decided to make crepes for breakfast with the kids. So, here is the EASY recipe...
1 cup FLOUR
2 EGGS
Pinch of Salt
1 cup MILK
4 TBSP BUTTER

Simple right?

Sift Flour and add salt then make a well in the center of the flour.

Break the eggs, whisk eggs and flour together.
(a tip - crack eggs in a separate bowl so you can pick out the shells if the kids get any in the eggs)

Mix water and milk in the same measuring cup and add to the flour/egg mixture.
Melt 2 Tbsp of the butter and stir into the batter. Strain if Lumpy.
Melt remaining butter in a small frying pan and make thin pancakes. Tilt the pan so the batter covers the base.
Cook the crepe for one minute and flip.

Fill with berries and whipped cream and drizzle syrup on top. We made them like burritos because they are less messy and I am a freak about that sometimes.

Enjoy. How can you go wrong with 6 ingredients and some fruit?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE crepes!!!! Yum!!! (Makes me want one right now, dang it!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crepes are our favorite!

    Hubby and I are thinking about taking our kids out there to BPF, but were wondering about how much it costs to do the berry picking. Would you mind emailing us privately about that? snowpumpkin @ gmail.com

    Our autumn family tradition is going to Rock Creek Farm for the u-pick-em pumpkin patch. I can't wait for October to get here so we can go. :)

    ReplyDelete

this content is copyrighted NO RIGHT CLICK!

..

Protected by CopyrightSpot MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected