If you have tried anything on this site please leave a comment and let me know.

The more I hear from you the better! I love hearing how these activities are working in your home/daycare or nursery!
I get lots of emails about what you are doing, just leave a comment so everyone can read it too!


Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Toothpick Sculptures


You'll Need:

Toothpicks
marshmallows or gum drops

Insert the toothpicks into the marshmallows. Keep adding marshmallows to make any shape you wish. For example: star, hexagon or complex structures like a tall building or a bridge.


This is a geometry builder that many schools use in later years.

Give your little ones a head start...they'll think it's fun! It tastes good too!

Now I needed to build one because my husband and my sister in law (who lived with me while I was in school) would be so disappointed if I didn't make one myself.

Since I have a degree in Chemistry and all, I built a more difficult one.


Here it is, a caffeine molecule. This molecule is my favorite to build, that is why I remembered it. Also represented as C8H10N4O2 and the chemical name is 3,7-Dihydro-1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione. I think I'm going too far with this information.

Anyway, this molecule is eight atoms of Carbon, Ten atoms of Hydrogen, Four atoms of Nitrogen and Two atoms of Oxygen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

this content is copyrighted NO RIGHT CLICK!

..

Protected by CopyrightSpot MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected